(Khuda Ki Basti Sources)Sewaiyan or Seviyan is a type of pasta, which is from the family of spaghetti but, a thinner version of it. A delicious sweet dish made by stir frying vermicelli in clarified butter with sugar and dry fruits; Seviyan is also served on special events and gatherings.
- Clarified Butter1 Cup
- Cardamom Powder1 Teaspoon
- Vermicelli1 Packet
- Sugar125 Gm
- Water1 Cup
- Almonds, ChoppedFor Garnish
- Pistachio ChoppedFor Garnish
- Heat clarified butter in a small pot.
- Add cardamom powder and cook till fragrant.
- Add vermicelli and roast.
- Add half of the water and mix till the vermicelli softens.
- Add sugar and mix till it dissolves.
- Stir in the remaining water, cover the lid, and steam. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy! Please give us your feedback in the comments below.