(Khuda Ki Basti Sources)Made from split chickpea lentils, this dish balances out the sweet and savory flavors to produce this delicious dessert. Believed to have originated through subcontinental trade with the Middle East during Mughal rule, this dish now lives on as a sweet dessert for special occasions.
- Split Chickpea Lentil, Soaked500 Grams
- Milk2–3 Tablespoons
- Ghee1 Cup
- Cardamom Powder1 Teaspoon
- Sugar1 Cup
- Almonds, CrushedFor Garnish
- Pista, CrushedFor Garnish
- To boil the lentil heat water in a medium sized pot, add split chickpea lentils, boil until fully cooked and strain.
- Blend the cooked lentils with milk into a smooth paste.
- In wok heat clarified butter, add the blended chickpea and stir well.
- Now add cardamom powder and stir.
- Add sugar, mix and let it dissolve. keep stirring until the Halwa leaves the base of the wok.
- In the end add crushed almonds, pistachios and stir.
- Enjoy! Please give us your feedback in the comments below.
Read Also: 8 dishes you can’t miss in Punjab